Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Don't Want To Be A Debbie Downer

Disappointment visited briefly at my house this week and it was in the form of a 1.5 lb loss for me and 1 lb for my husband and daughter...in all fairness we do feel pretty good and there has been no belly bloat this week but the promise was 4 - 9 lbs and we were a little hungry sometimes. My husband also mentioned that cravings for certain food just weren't there and that is true as well, we were just hoping for bigger results on the scale. We are going to go for it another week and see what happens. Any loss is better than none and I hate when people whine about not losing what they wanted but I guess it is just the fact that this plan was endorsed to lose at least 4 if not more and there is also the feeling of we MUST be losing. You know how the contestants from Biggest Loser step on the scale an get upset at a 6 lb loss...that always drives me crazy and I start yelling at my TV (yes I am one of THOSE people) Anyway I am always like "What is wrong with you? Be happy!" I get it now ,they have trainers shouting at them all week and they live and breathe weight loss so they want the results promised to them. I have a total weight loss of 13.5 and I choose to be happy with that!

The weather for Spring is here and that has allowed more time to walk at the park and get some fun exercise. RA has decided to rear its ugly head these last 2 weeks in the form of extreme fatigue and even while I type I have to rest my elbow on my leg because it is painful to hold up. One thing about Rheumatoid Arthritis or anything chronic for that matter, is that it's always with you, and no one wants to tell friends or loved ones "Sorry, I don't feel well...again." I am most certain my children and my husband try to be kind about it but after awhile it gets old. You must take care of you in these situations ,only you know how your body feels and you have to listen to it and rest or exercise or take medicine etc. Be mindful that there are those out there with conditions that don't always show visible signs on the outside but that doesn't make it any less painful or frustrating for them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thought you might like to see the feedback from your blog link on my FB page.

Janice Cesil: Jennifer is inspiring me! I need to get back on track... I need to not just think about it...but actually put a plan in motion. Thanks for being transparent Jennifer; keep up the good work. Love you!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.