Monday, February 15, 2010

Back On Track

As I prepared to weigh in this morning my imagination got the best of me as I thought of my scale quivering in the corner and asking for a blindfold and cigarette, fearing that I may smash it with a sledge hammer if it did not give me the numbers I wanted and then breathing a sigh of relief as I discovered I was back down the extra lbs I picked up last week.

This week has not been a perfect week for me diet wise but rather than stay off course , I chose to get back on and move forward.

Hats off to a new reader and friend who struggled for almost a month after following Weight Watchers and exercising diligently... she had no loss and now it's kicking in and she has lost 6 lbs!We have similar goals and when they seem so big and you don't see results right away, it's hard to hang in there but I know it's going to pay off in the end.

Really feeling like it's time take the exercise up a notch this week and be even more diligent in what I am eating nutrition wise ...I feel a second wind coming on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This writing reminds me of something that I have read many times in my life and you may want to refer to in this journey you are in. The words of Jesus in Matthew 24:13 says, "He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." As in any race, the important things is not who starts the race but who finishes the race and completes the course, who wins the prize.
I am happy to see that you have commited to taking your exercise up a notch and become more diligent with the nutritional aspect of this race.
I am still cheering for you and handing you a water bottle as you continue this race. Keep running. Remember we are there cheering you on.

JAC said...

Wow! Well said Anon.I think I may post that scripture somewhere in my house... I have a really cool bookmark I keep on my fridge with Hebrews12:1-2 It has a picture of a racer ready to run at the starting line..."Let us lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely and let us run with perserverance the race that is set before us." I like the visual of the water bottle and will keep that in mind when I am struggling.

Anonymous said...

Loving this blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.