Monday, February 22, 2010

Run Away Wagon

If I were an alcoholic I would classify this past week as "falling off the wagon." In fact, falling off and being run over by it would be an even better classification! It started with one small allowance of eating a regular meal from McDonalds which WAS delicious and I got right back on track but the past couple of days I have been doing something I thought I had pretty good control of at this point..."Stress Eating." I have a graduating senior this year and there are many things she has to do to prepare, my youngest is going through her first break up and is preparing for braces, I am taking a course and the scholarship that I am using was in question, my husband is working on his Masters and the biggest kicker is we are in the middle of a house purchase which is doable for us but it also means me preparing my resume as I work on weight loss, attend a class,continue with my writing and blogging,and packing(again) Along with keeping the rental house in pristine condition so others can look at it. Although mentally I know to take one thing at a time and spiritually I know not to be anxious, it all just seemed to hit at once. I just didn't want to be good, I wanted to eat what I wanted to eat. Trust me, between the heartburn and stomach problems it wasn't worth it. I will say... that I have gotten used to eating a certain way and for the most part the food didn't even taste that good, so I think I will try to remember this in the future. Please know that I am not using this thing called "Life” as an excuse, just recognizing an issue that I need to work on. As of this morning I have maintained my loss, so for that I am thankful. I am amazed even as I sit here with a full stomach and heartburn just talking about all that is going on makes me want to go to the kitchen and see what I have to munch on. Good thing I am blogging right now and calling myself to some accountability.

If you want to watch a really inspirational show about weight loss "Ruby" on Style is awesome, she started out at over 700lbs and is openly facing the many challenges that come with it.

I've got a wagon to catch!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.