Sunday, February 28, 2010

Do Over

Remember when you were a kid and you played games with a friend?, If you didn't get the results you wanted, you asked for a Do Over. The conversation went something to the effect "Hey, no fair, your legs are longer than mine..."Do Over" or "No fair I wasn't ready...Do Over." After awhile that person probably proclaimed "No Do Over’s!"

I am really glad I serve a forgiving God, who's mercies are new every morning, because after the week I have had...heck, after the past month.. I am not feeling so successful, I am at an 11.5 loss mark, so I am taking a week to regroup and analyze to see if there is something I could do eating wise to speed up results. I tried on pants this week and I really just don't want to talk about it... when you are considered a petite plus size(those words just don't seem to belong together)it is not an easy task to find clothes that fit, even in a petite they are long and baggy, but the next size down won't button comfortably around my belly.

I don't want to be like the person in the Bible who looks in the mirror, walks away and forgets their own reflection...not forget why I started this in the first place, my health, quality of life, being more comfortable in my own skin. There comes a point in life where there is no more time for Do Over’s.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that your efforts are all adding up. The next little change or improvement might be just what you need to make a BIG differnce.

JAC said...

Thank you. I think you are right.

Anonymous said...

This is your cheering squad.
After reading several recent blogs I want to offer something that has helped me to attain goals that are difficult for me to reach.
Goal setting can be very motivating. As you make goal setting a part of your plan and achieve those goals, your self-confidence builds more quickly.
You, obviously have set an ultimate goal, but if you will break the big picture goal down into smaller and smaller targets it may be easier to get to the final destination. Setting smaller goals for the month and then breaking them down for the week and again for "today". The daily goals are the most important ones. You have to reach the daily goals to ever succeed with the weekly goals. You can do it! Set your goal for today and be encouraged as you see these goals met. Keep a daily log of your goal successes. You will reach your ultimate destinatioin step by step.

JAC said...

Thanks Anon...Cheering squads and suggestions are always welcome!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.