Sunday, January 10, 2010

Can we talk?

It's Sunday and I feel a little funky.I think my body just realized it does not have any of the white stuff..sugar. It definitely has cut down my calories,you don't realize how many things have sugar in them until you can't have them.

I am feeling some anxiety about stepping on that scale tomorrow because I am not really feeling like I lost anything and the pressure feels a little bit intense knowing I have made myself more accountable than usual.It's not just about the weight though,it's about health...I repeat in my head over and over.

So in the spirit of focusing on other things,I thought I would give some examples of another thought frequently on my mind, since I will be turning 42 in less than a month...age.

You know you are getting older when:

1.You actually pay attention to commercials about anti aging face creams and fiber.

2.You talk about retirement more than vacations.

3.You know the next time you will have young children in your house will be in the future... when you have grandchildren.

4.Conversations with others your age revolve around who's the best Internist in town and the latest food that lowers cholesterol or blood pressure.

5.A late night out means you make it until 10:PM.

6.When you talk about movies,actors or music,your children or their friends have no idea what you are talking about and the only show you have in common is the news and Saturday Night Live.

7.You no longer diet to get into a bikini but to prevent a heart attack!

Ok, now I feel better?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.