Saturday, January 16, 2010

Change Is Good....Not Always Easy

Alright, I am just going to put it all out there in the blogsphere.The past year had been interesting,life changing,stressful and a whole other list of adjectives. Military life has it's share of ups and downs.The latest was an opportunity for my husband to serve in a really cool way, I would tell you [but then I would have to kill you.]It meant uprooting teenagers,one was a senior,selling a house,finding a new litany of doctors for our family,it meant being apart for six months,putting up with hormonal girls,letting my oldest venture out on his own and stay behind was on the roster too,along with being several hours from our own parents.Is it any wonder our family feels a little tender at this point?

Now it looks as if we are up for more changes and decisions,as we have 6 months left on our lease and we must decide whether to renew,buy a home in a very costly area (rent alone will cost us over $20,000 this year)or move where we intend to retire and purchase a home there for half the cost. Sounds like a no brainer but keep in mind it would mean moving at least one teenager (again) while the other plans to attend college here,along with living apart from my husband (again) as he finishes his job. Did I mention my 14 year old has a sweet boyfriend who could give Zac Efron a run for his money in the looks department and that he really helped her get through some of the effects of being a newbie? Top all this off with my new quest for health and well being and I am prone to cry if you say hello to me!

This is me.This is where I am. I guess this blog has helped with an epiphany in my life. I want to write for real,somehow make a possible living at it. It may mean some college courses,it may mean a whole college curriculum. I get such joy out of it and I have so many ideas,I just don't know quite where to go with them.I pulled out a bunch of my writers magazines and bought some new ones ,they tend to have interesting ideas.I have been like one of those puzzle shapes children have,where you put the matching shape in the correct hole, I don't think I have been getting it right.I am a dreamer,always have been,dreaming saw me through some really tough times as a kid but with dreams,you must do to accomplish anything,otherwise you will wake up and it will be over.Somewhere along the line I convinced myself I didn't have the intelligence or the resources or time.Finding pieces of myself is a big part I believe, in this journey of weight loss....

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.