Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Cosmic Bus

Do you ever feel like there is some Cosmic Bus that you are missing and no one ever gave you the schedule? Sometimes you might be lucky enough to randomly catch it and other times it's already reached it's destinantion. Like there is 100 meaningful things you think you could accomplish and do well in your lifetime but you're just not sure when the Cosmic Bus is coming and if you will be dressed and ready? Well not this time... I am prepared for good things in 2010 and regaining my health will lead to other bustops and better locations.I want to write more,learn to play the piano and guitar,take an art appreciation class and audition for local theatre.That's not asking too much is it? Oh,and in between that,within the next year I need to find a job to bring in some extra income.Not to long ago I felt that I had lost vision for my life and that 42 was to old to regroup.Where does that come from? I think some of that thinking comes from pop culture,we see beautiful young faces accomplishing big things and pulling in big money,it also contributes to our youth feeling lost and depressed when they get out of high school,just because they are not exactly sure what they want to do with their lives. It's a small world after all.So I did something I have been doing ever since I was little girl.....I prayed. God,give me vision to fulfill my purpose in life. Looks like I need to start praying for resources and extra time too! I guess it's pretty easy to see what's on my mind.I know I am supposed to say I want to be more altruistic but I guess I had better pray about that too,I have learned that when you give of yourself it comes back to you more than you can imagine,it does mean stepping outside of your comfort zone.Just admitting I want something for myself makes me feel very guilty,that can't be right.

Well just when I thought it was safe to go back to the blogger, my youngest was up all night with a stomach virus.We are home together today and I was up with her some,so yes I am a bit tired.It made me stock up at Target though ,new toothbrushes,lysol,cleaning wipes,vitamins and while I was there, I just couldn't resist the latest exercise gadget.It is called the Shake Weight.This hand weight is supposed to help you tone arms and shoulders better. I admit,if it wasn't the last one on the shelf, I probably would have waited to spend the 20 bucks but it is pretty fun, I will keep you posted as to how well it works.I did exercise last night with 10 lb hand weights and I have been sore today but it is good sore. Sticking to the plan has been pretty easy. If you are not supposed to have bread or sugar,that tends to leave a lot out of the equation.It doesn't matter if it is low calorie or not,you can't have that muffin or potato chip,etc.There is absolutely no reason to be in the candy aisle unless you are looking at sugar free candy,that by the way,you must eat in very small amounts or you will be spending some significant time in your bathroom.

My dogs must have figured they would help me out because for some reason thay are insisiting I get up and take them out in the freezing cold more often, maybe they are secretly ganging up on me due to the fact I put them on an eating plan as well. No more table scraps unless it is lean meat or fruit and veggies, believe me,they like their fatty food too. They say,[whoever THEY are] that chubby dog owners have chubby dogs,take one look at my four legged buddies and you might not find that difficult to believe.My Terrier,Chihuahua mix looks like a large football standing on four toothpicks!Animals have always been such an important part of my life,they give something we all struggle with.... unconditional love. If I were to start in about my dogs,that would be an entirely diferent blog altogether!Yes I am one of "those" pet owners.

Well I'm off to catch a bus. Care to join me?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.