Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I'm baaack!Still not on the chipper side with this cold.Following my eating plan and learning lessons.Things like.... stop when it is lunchtime and eat no matter what you are trying to get done, because if you are like me,you will continue to postpone until you feel light headed, starving and eat all your lunch and snacks at once,then you won't feel so great afterwards.Things like.... watch which kind of artifical sweetners you consume and how much or your tummy might revolt!

I would love to tell you I have vigorously been working out walking,elliptical ,weights but alas, I hate to lie.If sleeping were a sport, I would have gold medaled this week.Stupid cold.There are some small things I have been doing. Getting up and down to get my own things instead of asking my daughters to fetch,taking the stairs not the elevator,that kind of thing. Baby steps are better than no steps at all.

I have found some yummy things that I enjoy eating,Jello has an excellent sugar free chocolate mousse,Light and Fit has a low carb strawberry banana yogurt and Pepperidge Farm has a low carb wheat bread and here's the best one....Starbucks can make my favorite green tea soy latte, sugar free! Stick around me long enough and you will find out I have a serious Starbucks habit and where we live there is one on every corner.It has been good financially and diet wise to cut back.

Have I been hungry? Yes I have. I have expierienced some small victories,I am no longer eating late at night, although I did eat breakfast very early this morning [5:15]I passed up my very favorite candy bar at Target,it is very hard to find and they run out of it often,whenever I would want a treat, I would hunt these bad boys down.... Harry and David's Moose Munch Chocolate. Passed it by,full of sugar.I will just relish the thought of calories gone by.

Time for a healthy snack, a handful of usalted peanuts with premium raisins,these are a few of my favorite things!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Good job, Jeni!

Hope you get rid of that nasty cold soon!

That jello sugar free chocolate mousse sounds yummy. My dad is diabetic and I just might have to make some for him (and maybe me too).

Cheri said...

BTW, finally put your link up on my blog...

JAC said...

Cheri,
Thank you!The great thing about the Jello is that it's ready made in single servings at only 60 calories[in the dairy section]

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.