Monday, January 25, 2010

Funky Monday

Did you ever have one of those days where you know you shouldn't be in a bad mood but you are just the same, no real good reason? You are aware of just how good you have it but it seems like a little black cloud has chose you to follow around? It is Monday and that is where I am at. I sort of feel like Eeyore on his blustery day. I will admit, I am in some pain today and that can tend to pull a person down but if you allow that often when you have a chronic condition you may as well pull the covers over your head and stay there. I always remind myself of some amazing people I have met in my life, like one of the patients I worked with when I was a Chiropractic assistant. This patient had arthritis since she was a child, now an elderly adult with crippling effects, walking, signing her name or even taking off her sweater was a chore, yet she smiled and loved her way through it all. No amount of self talk about how ridiculous this"funkines" is and how blessed I am seems to be helping, hence I have decided to just go with it... maybe if I select a more appealing word they used years ago "melancholy" it will seem more appropriate. Although... I am down 2.5 more pounds! That makes a total of 10lbs since Jan 4th, so I do believe this will help me find my stride again by tomorrow.

It is with some anxiety I post this, because anyone who has ever lost weight can tell you it can come to a sudden stop or plateau or you could gain it back and this success just seems too good to be true but I will journey on because it IS working.

The goal for this week as I shake off this mood is to exercise consistently and add more fruit. I will not lie, a piece of chocolate cake sounds really good or big stack of pancakes but it will pass...it will pass like Funky Monday.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.