Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Give It

Just like we learned in Sunday school, I believe the giving principle works in weight loss. Remember what they taught us in gym class, you have to expand energy to get more? It turns out the dude with the fancy whistle and very little patience for the athletic impaired was right. I am finding I have a bit more energy now, a little pep in my step. It makes me wonder since I was diagnosed pre diabetic, maybe the extra sugars and carbs were making me tired as well. So back to my Sunday School theory, sometimes giving of ourselves results in more of a blessing then we expect, for example; teaching a class and watching that child grow in faith, or helping a young couple in their marriage may make you grateful for the blessings in your own relationship.

Losing weight takes sacrifice and discipline.Yesterday I was craving carbs and chocolate and believe me, temptation is always there,the local Starbucks put out chocolate chip cake samples right where you order,the audacity!My husband took me out to lunch at a local barbecue place and they were ever so excited to share their sugar laden sauces by bringing fresh fried potatos to the table to dip with(I passed) or what about the unknown corn bread they bring with the salad or when the church suggests bringing in donuts on Sunday mornings? I have found so far it is worth it to be strong,because the strength you are getting in return by regaining your health feels better.Exercise is the same,you may have to give up some(me) time to jump around but what you are really doing is adding more (me} time by adding years to your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh out loud, Jennifer, when I read your remark about the Sunday morning donuts to church suggestion, as I recall sitting at the table with you when it was said!--Desiree

JAC said...

Desiree...Busted!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 40 something trying to pursue new dreams and discover what I want to be when I grow up.